Thursday, July 2, 2009

Streaking This Evening

Well my sucky streaking continued yesterday being correct on only like 2 picks all day. I will just post my evening picks today.

Philadelphia Phillies vs. Atlanta Braves-MLB
Well well, another Braves/Phillies pick, this is like the 3rd one in this series. JA Happ has a 5-0 3.00 ERA record. Which is impressive on the other hand you have the veteran Javier Vasquez who is 5-7 3.04 ERA. I don't think that the Braves lose this one. Happ I think will get the ND. I just did a little research and it seems as though when he has pitched he has gotten run support, but not all of his games have been starting as he has relieved and he also seems to get "babied". What I mean is that if the going gets tough Happ gets going and Charlie Manuel has no problem as game logs have shown to pull him after 4-5 innings. While that might sound good the thing is that there typically tends to be one reliever in games that can jack a game up. While Javier Vasquez is fairly solid with a 3.04 and decent run support. While he hasn't gotten run support, the Phillies haven't gave their pitchers run support in these games against the Braves. Go I am going to go with the trend of picking the Braves because of veteran experience and the groove they have when playing the Phils.

Vegas Odds:
Philly:+124
ATL: -134

SM's reason for this prop: Quite simple, a good young pitcher and a veteran recognizable pitcher he's predicting an upset, but I am not biting on it.

San Francisco Giants vs. St. Louis Cardinals-MLB
Well call me a homer but tonight I will not make the same mistake picking against the Cards like I did last night. Wellemeyer is 2-0 3.00 career ERA, Barry Zito is 0-3 4.86 ERA. So pitching wise we know who will probably being the key word be better. After all Wainwright was supposed to have sucked against the G-Men but came out and in the end out dueled Matt Cain a 9 game winner. As far as hitting Albert Pujols owns Barry Zito with a career 2 hrs. 8 rbi and is 5-9 against him. And if that ain't amazing enough on accuscore he is at an astounding 34.6% to hit at least 1 homer. I have never seen that % that high. I think I may risk my lowly 3 gamer on the Cards. Its either that or the Braves and this looks more open.

Vegas Odds:
SF: +122
STL: -132

SM's reason for the prop: Because these teams are fairly evenly matched, and both pitchers are decent. Like the Cards though.

Detroit Shock vs. New York Liberty-WNBA
Well perhaps the most hated of all sports on the STFC board is WNBA. So unpredictable. Well even so I will give my pick. These teams have a long history of good teams not so much this year though. The teams on SFTC that are at home are something like 9-2. That says to me that the home team will win most of the time. Thats exactly why I will take the....... Shock. You all are like. What? Yeah I Shocked you all. Lets be honest though Rick Mahorn's team has in the past faired well against the Liberty and I expect more of the same. Also don't really be fooled by Vegas either. The Lynx vs. Dream game the other day they had the Dream picked to win. The Dream were at 4-5 and were 4 pt. favorites. While the Lynx were at 6-3 and 4 pt. underdogs. But if you want the vegas odds.

Vegas Odds:
Detroit: +3
NY:-3

Which combo will total more bases.

Ryan Braun & Mike Cameron
Derrek Lee & Alfonso Soriano

Ryan Braun tears up the bases and Mike Cameron is also good himself. Ryan Braun has 165 TB's on the season and Mike Cameron has 113. Alfonso Soriano has 129 and Derrick Lee has 117 TB's. So statistically the Brewers have the advantage in TB's combo. But they lack the pitcher. So it will be close. I will go with DL and AS on this one just because of the sucky pitcher they are going up against that the Brew Crew are putting out there.

SM's reason for this prop: Because with the ability of Braun and Cameron to light up the base path they look like the natural pick. But with the Brewers sucky pitcher he is thinking that DLee and AS are going to win I think the same.

Chicago Cubs vs. Milwaukee Brewers-MLB
Looking at it it looks like a pitching advantage to the Brewers, but I am not going to buy that. Yeah he is 3-1 with a 3.55 ERA, but he just had a 3 ER inning vs. the Giants so there I give advantage Cubs, and also Dempster has had good outings vs. the Brewers. This could be a good pick for the Cubs. But one of my new rules are to never pick the Cubs or Mets.

Vegas Odds:
Chicago:-143
Milwaukee:+133

SM's reason for prop: Because these two will probably have a good game and SM is hoping for McClung to have a good outing.

Baltimore Orioles vs. Los Angeles Angels-MLB
Well this is a good matchup of pitchers although the records don't show it this will be a good matchup. I really like Lackey in this one though. Guthrie is decent pitcher and Lackey is better.
I like the Angels.

Who will hit the first homer?
Orioles first or no homer
Angels first hr.
The Angels have more powerful bats so I expect some homers. The Angels are powerful sluggers and are at home.

Good Streaking and God Bless!!!
Sincerely,
The Thoroughbred

No comments:

Post a Comment