Saturday, July 11, 2009

Streak for the Cash: July 11th Edition

I will go straight to my soccer pick since yesterday I already gave you my golf pick.I gained a game on him finishing the day a subpar 5-5-1. Whereas he finished 4-6-1. So for the battle thus far my record is 12-10-1 and Zom is 13-9-1.

Grasshoppers W vs. FC Aarau- Soccer.
Well this game as far as Vegas is concerned is a tossup and if it is a tossup I will always and forever go with the draw. Those guys go and tend to draw more than most teams.

Vegas Odds:
Grasshoppers: +155
FC Aarau: +190
Draw: +241

SM's reason for the prop: This is the first game of the year anything can happen especially with these odds.

Paula Creamer W/D vs. Cristie Kerr- Golf
Yesterday Paula Creamer shocked 92% of us with her magnificent 2nd round. Cristie Kerr on the other hand has faired well having a -3 going into round 3. Paula Creamers pick looks good because of the draw option.

SM's reason for the prop: Kerr has been consistent and Creamer went off yesterday and a really good round so, do you take whose hot or consistent? I'll take the hot.

Houston vs. Seattle-Soccer.
Seattle draws about every other game so the draw is really looking good at the moment. I don't know how good the Dynamo are on the road but they draw a decent amount too.

Vegas Odds:
Houston:+135
Seattle:+175
Draw:+225

SM's reason for the prop: Typically Seattle holds there own at home and Houston not so much on the road so I like the draw the SM thinks Seattle.

New York Yankees vs. Los Angeles Angels-MLB
I really think that the Yanks had that one under control last night until Joba let that 3 run jack go and it cost them momentum. With Jared Weaver on the mound with a 9-3 3.15 ERA. I like the Angels to pull out another game. Andy Pettite is shown signs of aging even with his respectable 8-4 4.53 ERA I really like him but just not against Jared Weaver at home.

Accurscore:
NYY:42%
LAA:58%

Vegas Odds:
NYY:-114
LAA: -106

Sheridans odds: NYY 11:10

Los Angeles Sparks vs. Washington Mystic-WNBA
I understand that last night both road teams won pretty heavily i like the Mystic. I don't understand all the hoopla about Candace Parker. She is coming back after maternity leave. I mean that is why 90% of people are taking them. Take the Mystic.

Sheridan Odds:
Wash.: -3
LA:+3

Sm's reason for the prop: He realizes the masses will take the Sparks because of Candace Parker's name recognition. I like th odds.

Chicago White Sox vs. Minnesota Twins-MLB
This is one you don't see to often. Two pitchers who pitched there last game against the same team. Gavin Floyd pitched against the Royals and lost going 5.1 and giving up 5 ER. Whereas Glen Perkins pitched 7 innings of 1 run baseball. So with that said the Twins hit better and seem to have the better pitcher although the stats say its a pretty even pitching matchup.

Accurscore:
MIN: 60%
CHW:40%

Vegas Odds:
MIN:-120
CHW:Even

Sheridans Odds: MIN 6:5

SM's reason for prop: Two evenly matched pitchers and two decent hitting teams.

Atlanta Dream vs. New York Liberty-WNBA
I really like the Liberty here. They already beat the Dream once this season. They are at home and although score the fewest points in the WNBA, they have had success scoring against the Dream averaging 83 ppg.

Sheridans Odds:
NY: -4
ATL: +4

Sm's reason for the prop: He is expecting the Dream to get revenge. I just don't see it happening.

Matt Grice vs. Shannon Gugerty: MMA
Love this stuff. I really don't like this matchup. Although percentages have Gugerty at a heavily favored odds I still think that Grice could pull it off. From what I have read this is a complete deadlock as far as Vegas Odds. I still think that Gugerty pulls it out but not comfortable enough to pick it. Besides that it has the 90% curse and Rambo will probably jack this up.

Vegas Odds: The lines have moved but I still like it to be close
MG: +125
SG:-155

Sm's reason for the prop: He likes everybody to jump on SG's bandwagon and watch it collapse. I would not at all doubt it happening.

Kyle Busch vs. Tony Stewart- NASCAR
I will take Stewart on this one. Kyle Busch won this event last year and all but Tony Stewart has 6 straight top ten finishes. I really like the idea of his getting a seventh the only question is where will Busch get?

SM's reason for prop: Busch runs traditionally better at this track but Stewart is on a tear.

Columbus W/D vs. Chicago W-MLS
I like the Crew to W/D in this one. With the draw it gives more of an advantage.

Vegas Odds:
Columbus W/D:-192
Chicago:+110

SM's reason for prop: Expecting an upset by the Fire.

Atlanta Braves vs. Colorado Rockies-MLB
Although Jurrgens has a lower ERA I still like the Rockies with Marquis to win it. I have heard of "Mile High Magic" which is why they have a decent home record. I really like there bats also so I'll take the Rockies.

Accuscore:
ATL:40%
COL60%

Vegas Odds:
ATL:+107
COL:-117

SM's reason for prop: Jurrgens has a low ERA and thinks he can hold the Rocks bats down and thinks that Marquis may get fits from the Braves.

Phoenix Mercury vs. Sacremento Monarchs-WNBA
This is alot tighter than %'s show. These two teams have split the season series thus far and I still even with the lopsided %'s like the Mercury to pull it out. PHO has played better lately and the Monarchs uh not so much. I like the Mercury to pull this one out.

Sheridans Odds: Sacremento -1
Phoenix: +1

Sm's reason for prop: Looking at records tells the tale of the lopsided %'s. He likes the Monarchs i don't.

Texas Rangers vs. Seattle Mariners-MLB
I like the Rangers in this. Although we have two decent pitchers they both have had there rough streches this year and currently Kevin Millwood is on his. I think the Mariners choke like usual on SFTC and Rangers get the W.

Vegas Odds:
TEX:EVEN
SEA: -110

SM's reason for prop: Everybody most likely will jump on the Rangers bandwagon and he thinks that Washburn pitches well enough to get the W.

Dan Henderson vs. Michael Bisping- MMA
Everything that I have read shows that Henderson is the clear favorite. That scares me because everything on here is no gimme. But Henderson is favored and I like the idea of him winning.

Vegas Odds:
DH:-260
MB:+200

Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir-MMA
This is the fight that I really want to see. Lesnar is favored the other day according to Danny Sheridan by a 2:1 favor. Pretty heavily favored by him especially. I think Lesnar handles business well and gets the W.

Vegas Odds:
BL:-255
FM:+195

Happy Streaking and I hope all enjoy the MMA bouts they are exciting. God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment