Friday, July 3, 2009

Streak for the Cash: July 3rd

Hello fellow streakers. I am happy to say that yesterday I only mislead you guys on 1 pick the WNBA pick outside of that I lead all who followed to victory. :)

Oakland Athletics vs. Cleveland Indians-MLB
I hate to say it but Cleveland looks pretty good in this matchup. I am thinking of putting my 7 gamer on it. The reason is because Accurscore and Vegas have a fair amount of faith in them. I truly just don't like the idea of two rookies battling it out. Trevor Cahill whom is 5-6 4.23 ERA and David Bell whom is 3-3 6.26 ERA. Both are coming off rough outings and Cahill has shown the ability to come back from rough outings. I really think though that with both teams struggling the only underlying fact that I think separates the two is the crowd. I think that the rookie (Cahill) gets flustered and blows it.

Vegas Odds:
Oakland:+118
Cleveland:-128

SM's reason for the prop: This is a well evenly matched game that there are no advantages and could go either way.

Seattle Mariners vs. Boston Red Sox-MLB
This looks to me like an old fashion trap. Seattle in my opinion and have said this since the beginning of the season is one of the most streaky teams in the majors. They can get hot and win alot at one time and they can go weeks without winning a game. With all that said Felix Hernandez is the one pitcher that they can count on. Wakefield is the old dark horse on the Red Sox whom unrecognizably has gotten 10 wins. Hernandez though has only allowed two earned runs in 15 innings of work. With that I still think that Terry Francona gets enough out of his boys to muster out the win. But I am not to comfortable with the thought of putting my streak of 7 on the Sox.

Vegas Odds:
Seattle:+109
Boston:-119

SM's reason for the prop: He is expecting Hernandez to win this for the M's but with no run support against a good Tim Wakefield I don't think it will happen.

Washington Mystic vs. Atlanta Dream-WNBA
Yeah I know that last night taking the away team burnt me, but I am doing it again. These two teams have split the season series each team winning on their home floor. But with Atlanta having the worst perimeter defense in the league and the Mystic shooting a really high percentage as a team I will take them for the W.

Vegas Odds:
Washington:+4
Atlanta:-4

SM's reason for prop: He know's the reputation that the WNBA has on SFTC and he is thinking that Washington steals this one like I do.

Chicago Sky vs. San Antonio Silver Stars-WNBA
Unlike the other one I am taking the home team here. The Sky have been to inconsistent on the road and have also been known to choke on the road . I also think that Becky Hammons (Silver Stars) will help show up big tonight like she did last year. The Silver Stars are also 3-0 at home. Food for thought.

Vegas Odds:
Chicago: +6
San Antonio:-6

SM's reason for this prop: Records are deceiving in this case. He wants you to look at records and give the advantage to the Sky.

Kyle Busch vs. Carl Edwards- NASCAR
Well after looking at I give the advantage to Busch. He over the past 4 weeks has been in the top 3 every week. Carl Busch has only been there once. Last year at this race Carl took 11th and Busch 2nd. I don't think that this moment that I will risk a 7 gamer on this but Busch looks pretty favorable. But in anything can happen.

SM's reason for this prop: Both these guys are 1 and 2 in points and both are bound to finish in the top 10 and should be close.

San Jose vs. Real Salt Lake-MLS
I don't really know much about these two teams but I don know enough about them to know that I like the draw with this one. San Jose is 3-8-3 (W-D-L) while Real Salt Lake is 5-6-4. These two look evenly matched for the most part.

Vegas Odds:
San Jose: +1
Real Salt Lake:-1

SM's reason for the prop: He and I believe that San Jose stands and outside chance of a draw. RSL is heavily favored in soccer terms. I like the draw though.

Which team will score more runs?
Baltimore Orioles (vs. LA Angels)
LA Dodgers (vs. San Diego Padres)
This is probably the most evenly matched of all. Ervin Santana (Angels pitcher) has been absolutely awful this season with a ERA of over 7. Whereas Chad Gaudin is been streaky. Vegas to my knowledge has LA slightly favored as far as runs scored. Orioles are at 4.5 with the over at -110 and the under at -120. The LA Dodgers though are at -115 at both the over/under. Really close call but I will give the lines time to move in one direction or another. But as of Right now I will go with the Dodgers. Hopefully Manny's return will boost the Dodgers, but I still am nit to comfortable. I will check the lines at about 8:30 cst. If they have moved in any direction I will consider changing my pick.

Vegas Odds:
LAD: Over 4:-115: Under 4:-115
BAL: Over 4.5:-110: Under 4.5: -120

SM's reason for prop: To very close vegas odds. Two below average pitchers to go against and two decent offenses.

Thank you for reading todays blog. I have not decided if I am going to make a blog for tomorrow or not. God Bless and Happy Streaking, and Happy 4th of July. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment