Sunday, July 5, 2009

SFTC Monday Edition-July 6th

Hello fellow streakers. I hope all had a great Independence Day and I like pappaschu on the Choker Nation comment board did thank all troops who have served or are actively serving. I to would like to give my condolences to the McNair family for all of their grief. Its really too bad that Steve's legacy will from now on be tarnished due to his apparent cheating. I deeply sympathize for his wife and sons. God Bless!!!



Well today (or tomorrow at this time) I will give you my picks. Since the SM uncharacteristically only put 7 which reminds me of old times during the second segment will give you the break down on all matchups.



Kalmar FF/draw vs. Malmo FF-Soccer

Well after reviewing this I will take Kalmar for the draw. Malmo is tenth in their league at home at 2-4-0 (W-D-L). Whereas Kalmar is 1-3-2 (W-D-L) on the road. Although Vegas has the Malmo team a slight favorite, I will say draw. Today with BK Hacken and Gelfe the odds just barely favored Gelfe whom only had the win option. Well sure enough it was a draw. So my new strategy for close vegas odds are to go with the Draw. I like a 1-1 since this game is pretty heavily favored to stay under 2.5 goals.



Vegas Odds:

Kalmar FF: +230

Malmo FF: +110

Draw: +230



Sm's reason for prop: the Malmo team has a slight advantage in vegas and SM thinks they win. Most of these close Vegas games go draw I don't think that it changes here



Blue Jays vs. Yankees- MLB: How many home runs will be hit?

Well looking at the Yankees I really don't think that they will get as many oppurtunities as people think but I think it will go more that 4. For a few reasons for one Andy Pettite is know for letting people hit fly balls, and in Yankees Stadium a fly ball is a home run as simple as that. And the Jays I think get 2-3 homers and I will say that the Yanks going against the less of the two flyball pitchers who relies on groundballs will get 1-2. I'll go out on a limb and say 5 homers hit.



SM's reason for prop: 4 homers seem like alot in one game, but not in Yankee Stadium he wants people to bite on 3 or less and then burn them.



Atlanta vs. Chicago-MLB

Well SFTC has not been nice to good pitchers lately. Case in point Felix Hernandez, Roy Halladay. Yeah all guys who on paper look like they will have good games. Wells and Jurrjens don't neccesarily have the best records but they do have really good ERA's. I don't know my heart says Jurrjens and the Braves though. They traditionally are good on SFTC and although they lost to the Nationals on there the other day they have shown good potential and will be even better with Jurrjens on the mound.

Vegas Odds:
Atlanta:+105
Chicago:-125

SM's reason for the prop: Two good pitchers and two good offenses should be a barn-burner ( Ha Ha if you get it).

Cincinatti vs. Philadelphia-MLB
Well Cincy's O has been effective at times this year but pitching has been less impressive. Philly with Cole Hamels on the mound will be able to slow down that department. Even though he has struggled before I don't see it happening this time. Johnny Cueto has been good, but I don't know with him. I have never seen him pitch so its kinda hard to see his tendencys. I like the idea of the Phils pulling it out but not with a lot of comfort. High %'s have not done real good as of late and Cincy is alot better than given credit for.

Vegas Odds:
Cincy: +135
Philly: -155

SM's reason for the prop: He likes Cueto and the Reds in this one. Reds are typically good on SFTC but in the case of Philly the sun shines on the dogs behind every once in a while.

Pittsburgh vs. Houston- MLB
I will take the Pirates. They are going up against Mike Hampton whom I always have found very streaky, which I believe is the reason that he has played with so many teams throughout his career. Vasquez has a 1-1 3.00 ERA which in my book is good enough to get the W in this matchup. And if you are supersticious on SFTC the Pirates can't lose on there they are like 5-0.

Vegas Odds:
Pitt:+140
Hou: -160

SM's reason for the prop: He likes the idea of the Pirates to keep their SFTC reputation up. They also have a good young pitcher on their team.

San Diego vs. Arizona-MLB
I will take Arizona Jon Garland seems to be pitching pretty good and this Silva guy has a 8.8 ERA which would scare me away definitely. There's no preview or much out on this game but I like the D-Backs.

Vegas Odds:
SD:+150
Ari:-170

SM's reason for the prop: He thinks upset. D-Backs have a reputation as being choke artists on SFTC, nowhere near the choke artist that the Cubs are in any league may I remind you.

Texas vs. Los Angeles Angels-MLB
Texas has been known to be streak busters. What I mean is they frequent SFTC and bust peoples streaks. Kevin Millwood is on the mound with a 2.8 ERA and I'll take him over Jered Weaver with a 3.10 ERA. With that said in my opinion Texas has a better hitting team and that is why they win.

Vegas Odds:
Tex:+125
LAA:-145

SM's reason for prop: Texas and their streak busting mentality. I think that they upset the Angels.

Thanks for viewing and please leave anything that you would like me to do different with the blog as either a message here or in the SFTC group: Choker Nation. http://streak.espn.go.com/group?groupID=153185&selGrp=153185
God Bless your week and familyA!!!

1 comment:

  1. I like the blog, make sure you check mine out, nickknowsbest44.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete