Thursday, July 9, 2009

Streaking For The Cash: July 8th

Hello streakers, well I don't know if any of you have seen zombidwee's blogpost www.bleaklookatcash.blogspot.com we will have competition to see who makes the most correct picks in a week.

Well here we go.

Charley Hoffman vs. Daniel Chopra/tie- Who will have the lower front nine score.
Well I believe that Daniel Chopra has the ability to atleast tie with Hoffman. Throw the fact out that Hoffman has been rusty since his last two tournaments and Chopra has been good to start the tournaments and then just faded away. Hoffman missed the cut last year and Chopra didn't even play in this tournament last year but I still think that Chopra pulls it out.

Sm's reason for the prop: This looks on paper to be going Charley Hoffmans way, but he recognizes that Chopra is overlooked and has started tournaments out better than Hoffman lately.

Toronto Blue Jays vs. Tampa Bay Rays-MLB
Well the present (Roy Halladay), and the future (David Price) go head to head. Halladays last outing against the Rays was less than profilic far by his standards. Joe Maddon said the other day that he was worried about the fastball command of Price. He also his last outing only went 1 1/3 innings against the Rangers hot bats. Do I think that the Jays bats are as good? No! But I think that Price probably gets shook up. I can't take Price over Halladay. I mean you are talking a rook who is just as apt to allow a homer and get all shook up and Halladay who can allow a homer and stay composed. I'll take the Jays to avoid the sweep.

Vegas Odds:
Toronto:-145
Tampa: +125

New York Yankees vs. Minnesota Twins-MLB
Francisco Liriano has shown some good outings this season. But Alfredo Aceves has to. He is 5-1 with a 2.03 ERA and a no run outing against the Jays. But his innings pitched have been few. Pitching only 4 innings against the Jays and 43 pitches. The thing that I don't like about that is even with the Yankees all bullpens give up runs. Liriano I fully expect to get 7 innings. I think that you ought to try and get every ounce of pitching you can out of your pitchers. Bullpens are known to give up runs. So I'll take the underdog Twins in this one.

Vegas Odds: I can't find any.



SM's reason for the prop: The Yankees have owned the Twins but they have not played them with Aceves on the mound. The SM thinks upset.

Kenny Perry:
Will he shoot the four par 3's at 11 strokes or fewer
Or will he shoot the four par 3's at 12 strokes or more

I will go 12 strokes or more. He on average has hit them at about 12 and from what I have heard these 4 par 3's aren't exactly easy. 16 is where he will have the best chance to birdie the rest I either see him getting par or maybe even one bogey.

Sm's reason for the prop: Common Golf Knowledge would tell you that well 4 par 3's he should par on three of them and birdie on the rest.

Randers FC vs. Lindfield/draw-Soccer
Well in most soccer games I lean towards the draw but not this one. Linders is one of the worst UEFA teams. Randers should handle them easy seeing as how they just beat them last week like 4-0.

Vegas OddS:
Randers FC:-185
Linfield win:+285
Draw:+250

Sm's reason for the prop: To try and entice you with that draw. They are at home also.

Cincinatti Reds vs. Philadelphia Phillies-
How many hits+runs+errors- 26 or fewer, or 27 or more?
I will go with 27 or more. With both Moyer and the ever inconsistent Micah Owings. The over under is also set at 10 so even Vegas sees a high scoring game.

SM's reason for the prop: Last time there was one of these he got alot of people. I think that the people have learned in the error of there ways.

Kansas City vs. Boston- How many runs will the Sox win by?
2 or fewer
3 or more

I am not riding the bandwagon that KC wins. I live in Missouri and they even to Missourians suck. I say the Soxs still win like 6-2, even with Pedroia out. Penny is not a real bad pitcher, but he does have a high ERA, but the Royals might just be what the doctor ordered. Hochevar is not much worse but he does have those days, and he is pitching against the Red Sox.

Sm's reason for this prop: He thinks that the royals are going to win. But I just think that the Sox have the Royals number in these mathcups.

Washington Nationals vs. Houston Astros-MLB
Well here is another trap pick. The Nationals are known to show up and play when they are on SFTC. They just upset the Braves and they have John Lannan who is 6-5 with a 3.45 ERA. Going up against Russ Ortiz who is 3-4 with a 4.11 ERA. The Nationals take it.

Vegas Odds:
Washington: +105
Houston: -125

Sm's reason for the prop: He looks at the general public at they think well the Nationals suck. Well they for the most part do, but not on SFTC. With the 90% curse on the line too. TRAP!!!

Atlanta Braves vs. Colorado Rockies-MLB
I am going with the ATL Tommy Hanson is not the problem, the Braves bullpen has been the problem. But the Rockies bats are not to hot I think that Atlanta can take advantage of this matchup. The only thing that worries me is that bullpen who gave the other game that Hanson pitched away to the Nationals on SFTC.

Vegas Odds:
Atlanta: +110
Colorado:-130

Sm's reason for the prop: Two good pitchers anything can happen which is not shown in the odds.

Nicole Powell vs. Sue Bird-Who will score more points?
I will say Sue Bird. Besides being at home she also plays more minutes than Powell and the Storm are much better than the Monarchs. The only thing that leads to Nicole Powell is that she averages more points per game. This will be close but with Sue Bird averaging 6 more minutes a game than Nicole Powell, Bird wins.

Sm's reason for prop: Sue Bird is more well known and plays more minutes, Powell is more efficient in the time she has. He thinks Powell, I think Bird.

Florida Marlins vs. Arizona Diamondback-MLB
Wow, I don't see anything that makes me want to take the D-Backs. The pitcher Petit is god awful with a 0-3 8.46 ERA. I have seen guys with a 0-1 record that high of ERA's but he must suck it up in his outings. I think that Miller throws his average 3 or 4 ERs but Petit probably is out of there by 3rd or 4th inning. I really think Florida wins.

Vegas Odds:
Florida:-128
Arizona:+108

Sm's reason for this prop: He is expecting a high scoring game from both. Coming down to the end.

Josh Geer vs. Tim Lincecum-Which pitcher will have the higher total.
Josh Geer hits allowed
Tim Lincecum strikeout

I'll go Lincecum, he probably will pitch the whole game, Geer not so much. I worry that Geer gets shelled. But if so he will be out early and Timmy will get his K's. I think Lincecum wins this like 13-8. Geer pitches about 5 innings and Lincecum pitches the whole game.

SM's reason for the prop: He is expecting Geer to get shelled. Lincecum will win this prop though.

God Bless all and the competition has begun Zombidwee. Good Luck. And Happy Streaking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment