Monday, July 13, 2009

SFTC Monday-July 13th edition

Well I have taken a another game up on the Zom as we are at the halfway point of the "Battle of the Blogs". I am 29-21-1. While Zom finished yesterday 6-6 and is 27-23-1. So I take a 2 game lead into Monday.

Heres a rundown.

Victor Crivio vs. Denis Istomin-Tennis
I really didn't do any research on this one but I stupidly took Denis Istomin. I really felt as though he could take it but lost.

Orebo SK vs. Trelleborgs FF-Soccer
This was a game that I was going to go with the Orebo but went the losing end again.

Home Run Derby-Albert Pujols/Ryan Howard vs. Any other contestant.
I really feel as though AP will take this. There is to much in his favor. Besides the fact that this is his park and he is used to hitting homers out, he to leads the league in homers. So with AP and Ryan Howard on the board I am going to be hard pressed to go against them two.

Sm's reason for the prop: He feels as though there will be a dark horse that will take it home, like the Carlos Pena, Brandon Inge players, I do not feel as though so.

How many homers will be hit in a single round?
15 or fewer
16 or more
I will say 15 or fewer. Yeah you can bring up the Bobby Abreus' and Josh Hamiltons, but in reality I really don't see it happening. If you go past the first round I really don't see it happening. There arms will be fatigued after one round. And although Busch Stadium is not exactly a hitters park it is not like Dolphin Stadium either. So I'll take 11,12, but not 15,16. Just don't see it.

SM's reason for prop: The SM wants you to remember the BA and JH slugfest of the past. I don't see it happening though.

How many points will Blake Griffin score?
14 or fewer.
15 or more.
I think that if Adam Morrison can average 23 ppg that Griffin is atleast good for 15. He seems to be the kind of player that could fit in the NBA quickly. This is your easiest pick of the day.

SM's reason for prop: He doesn't think that since Griffin is playing against the Lakers (NBA Champs) and is just starting out that he will not have as much an impact.

How many homers will be hit in the final round?-HR Derby
5 or fewer
6 or more
I will go with 5 or fewer. Guys tend to have arm fatigue and only hit 4-5 homers. I also heard that the winner the past 6 years has only hit 6 or more once. So its pretty safe to say that whoever it is will probably on hit 3-5.

SM's reason for prop: 6 homers does not seem like alot in a hr. derby. But numbers can be deceiveing.

Who will have the higher total?
Tyreke Evans: Pts. + Ast.
Brandon Jennings: Pts. + Ast.
I think that Evans is a safe pick here. He has averaged 23 combined whereas Jennings has averaged 21 which makes it close. I still think that not playing in the D-1 level hurt him. So even though on paper it is close I think that Evans pulls it out.

Sm's reason for prop: Not alot of people have heard of Brandon Jennings since he went to the European leagues to play instead of college. But he puts up decent numbers just not as good as Tyreke Evans.

Happy Streaking and God Bless!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank goodness yesterday is well... yesterday and in the past.

    I switched my pick from Young Boys to FC Zurich today.. and I am seriously reconsidering 'final out' strikeout for the last pick of the day. I'll let you know if I switch.

    Good luck today man!

    ReplyDelete