Thursday, July 16, 2009

SFTC: Thursday, July 16th

Last day of "Battle of the Blogs", and I forgot all about it. I went into today with a 3 game lead finishing yesterday 6-4 while Zom finished a solid 5-5. It would take a near fatal collapse for me to lose but we will see. I ain't seen the Zoms picks but hope he does not have a "career day". Otherwises it looks like I might beat the Zom and his great blog at: www.bleaklookatcash.blogspot.com. A great blog for insite and info. I will just list my picks for today and tomorrow morning/afternoon.

Tiger Woods Win vs. Lee Westwood/Ryo Ishikawa-Win/Tie- Tiger Woods
Tony Martin vs. Bradley Wiggins-Tony Martin
Jim Furyk Win/Tie vs. Paddy Harrington Win-Jim Furyk Win/Tie
Hammarby vs. BK Hacken-BK Hacken
159 points or fewer vs. 160 points or more- 159 or fewer
Chicago Cubs vs. Washington Nationals- Chicago Cubs
4 hits or fewer vs. 5 hits or more- 5 hits or more
David Beckham Win/Tie vs. Landon Donovan Win-David Beckham Win/Tie
53 points or fewer vs. 54 points or more- 53 points or fewer
Los Angeles Angels vs. Oakland Athletics- LAA
Colorado Rockies vs. San Diego Padres- Colorado Rockies

Angel Cabrera Win/Tie vs. Paul Casey Win- PGA.
You may read this on the comment board too.
I really think that Casey takes this. I would be reluctant to go against a win/tie but lets face it it does not happen very much in PGA. Paul Casey is -2 under and Angel Cabrera is -1 under. So in essence on paper this looks like a dead heat. Not quite Paul Casey finished a respectable 7th whereas Cabrera did not even make the cut last year. The only thing that is going in Cabrera's favor is his play over the last few tournaments. Casey has either struggled or not made the cut, and Cabrera has made the cut and finished decent. I am taking Casey, and I would recommend you do so too.

Vegas Odds:
Casey 1/1 (Even)
Cabrera 2/3 (slightly favored)

SM's reason for the prop: Win/Tie looks tempting, but he realizes that these are more Casey's kind of course and that Cabrera may be the better golfer, just not on these courses.

Alberto Contador vs. Lance Armstrong- Cycling
I would go Contador. Armstrong is winning 85% of the vote due to name recognition. This is the best value as far as a morning pick. Although I will not pick it because I want to get both golf in I think that the Vegas odds say enough. 3/10 Contador vs. Armstrong 11/5. That means for those who do not know that if you bet $10 dollars and Contador wins you only get $3 back giving you $13. Whereas if you bet $5 on Armstrong you could win $11 and could end up getting $16 back. This means that Contador is favored heavily. A very favored pick. and if you are looking for one underlying reason to take Armstrong, he has been more consistent. But Contador when he has had it on he has had it on. Very iffy though at times. I still with all that said like Contador and the lower % to take the W.

Vegas odds:
Contador: 3/10 (huge favorite)
Armstrong: 11/5 ( huge underdog)

Sm's reason for this prop: Name Recognition 110%. If people didn't pick based on names then this in my opinion is a 75/25 in favor of Contador.

What will Tiger Woods shoot?
68 or lower?
69 or higher?
I would go Contador. Armstrong is winning 85% of the vote due to name recognition. This is the best value as far as a morning pick. Although I will not pick it because I want to get both golf in I think that the Vegas odds say enough. 3/10 Contador vs. Armstrong 11/5. That means for those who do not know that if you bet $10 dollars and Contador wins you only get $3 back giving you $13. Whereas if you bet $5 on Armstrong you could win $11 and could end up getting $16 back. This means that Contador is favored heavily. A very favored pick. and if you are looking for one underlying reason to take Armstrong, he has been more consistent. But Contador when he has had it on he has had it on. Very iffy though at times. I still with all that said like Contador and the lower % to take the W.

SM's reason for this prop: He realizes people will think since he had a bad day on Thursday, he will be "due" for a good day. Not True! It will be raining sideways and the last time he was here he finished a 74 second round.

FC Karnten Win or Draw vs. FC Magna Wr. Neustadt Win- Soccer
There is not a lot you can go off of since this is the first game of the season, but if those odds are true what Philz82961 put up that is pretty convincing. But even with that Vegas is on average right in my opinion about 66-75% of the time. So going with the odds all morning I am going against them here. This typically happens on here. You get a really good 3rd World country team against a really sucky or average team and the sucky/average team finds some unknown way to muster a draw. Besides the draw has won 4 of the last 5 matches on SFTC and the last to win with just the W was today and they got lucky and God only knows how they did it but they scored 2 goals in injury time. I had a 17W last segment and made my living off of these win/draw teams, and most of the time when the w/d is hot. They usually stay that way for a while. I don't know my mind might change but I still give the edge to the FC Karnten. They to are considered the best team in the Austrian Bundesliga. So with the draw in their favor I like them. But the SM must see something in this game to make him want to put it up and think that he can lure people in. Idk but the w/d is what I think.

Vegas Odds:
FC Karnten: +330
FC Magna: -133
Draw: +230

Sm's reason for prop: This is the first game of the season for either of the two of these two teams. So I think that it could go either way but draw in my opinion best option.

Happy Streaking and God Bless!!!!

1 comment:

  1. for the love of god please change your font color and/or background this is painful to read!

    ReplyDelete