Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Streaking today

Hello fellow streakers! For Americans on the Streak Board it has been a good day for those who picked the US soccer prop and the more aces won very handily by Sam Querrey. I unfortunately didn't pick either of the. But for the Serena pick I went against my gut and well lost. The win for the US soccer team is big. I don't know neccesarily big for the viewing or money incentives, but it does give loyal American soccer fans something to cheer about. Enough with the chitchat now to my picks.
1. Yankees @ Braves-MLB: 7:05 est.
I will personally tell you that I like the Braves in this one. Joba Chamberlain just gave up a demoralizing loss to the Washington Nationals. Although I will not blame this on him alone (because he only allowed 3 earned runs) and he has a batting line-up that against the Nationals should be able to get 10-12 runs on them. On the flipside Kawakami just pitched against the Boston Red Sox and had only 2 earned runs in 6 innings pitched. And the Braves batters have been alot more consistent. I would alot rather have a consistent hitting team than a bunch of inconsistent "Bronx Bombers". In a realistic manner of thinking these guys at NY are used to hitting the balls out of the park and not necessarily playing strategic baseball. Pitchers own them the last few games (5-1 with a 2.5 ERA).

SM reason for this prop?: Simple we're all supposed to look at the Yankees and think that since they have Joba and are an AL "powerhouse" so to speak we should choose them. I'm not buying it!

Vegas Odds: Yankees: -133 @Braves: +123
http://sports.bodog.com/
ESPN Simulator: Braves: 52% Yankees: 48%
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/preview?gameId=290624115
Weather: Should not be a problem. Only says about a 10% chance on www.weather.com.

2. LSU @ Texas-CBASE: 7:00 est.
I really like the Tigers in this one. LSU has consistently played better in the College World Series although they have hung on by the skin of their teeth. If you look at pitching match-ups look at LSU and think a no brainer. Anthony Ranaudo - 9.1 IP, 9 H, 2 ER, 8 K, 4 BB, 1.93 ERA. vs. Cole Green - 13.0 IP, 14 H, 5 ER, 14 K, 4 BB, 3.75 ERA. Although all the stats seem pretty tight. ERA is heavily in favor. I realize that there is a difference in innings but you can't argue with a 1.9 ERA it is pretty good. Both teams have hitters which if you think about it ERA is a pretty important thing when talking about pitchers going against power hitting teams.

SM reason for this prop?: Of course its a championship game and very time consuming. I would recommend not taking this if you are looking at getting a 10:05 pick in. But these two teams are pretty evenly matched. Both power hitters and good fielding. I only give the edge to LSU for the slight pitching and momentum boost they have.

Vegas Odds: LSU:-150 ,Texas:+130

Weather: Don't panic about the weather. There is supposed to be a 10-15% chance of precip.,but nothing major according to www.weather.com

3. Philadelphia @ Tampa Bay-MLB: 7:08 est.
Well an interesting prop indeed. You don't see many of these who will have the leads after the 5th inning props. But I will put my streak on the line with it. The Phillies are the best road team in the majors. But Joe Blanton is nowhere near the feat. With the Rays bats and a rematch of he World series I will take the Rays for this prop. The Phills are just as apt to make a come back and win but I like the Rays with Longoria and Crawford and company to get out and after Blanton early.

4. St. Louis @ New York Mets-MLB:7:10 est.
I am a huge Cards fan. But with all of that aside I really like the Mets. I am not nearly as impressed with the starting rotations as some. Brad Thompson can pitch well. But after looking at the stats on this Nieve guy 2-0 1.84 ERA. At home I will take him. But Beltran is still out of the line-up. I really feel strongly about the Mets here.

Vegas Odds: St. Louis Cardinals: -105 @ New York Mets:-105

ESPN Simulator: Cardinals: 50% (underdog), Mets:50% (favorite)

SM reason for this prop?: Statistically a dead even matchup. With two gem throwing potential pitchers.

Weather: I do think that there could be rain. According to www.weather.com they say that there is a 40% chance of rain. So beware but still will probably go without a delay or at most a minimal delay.

5. Minnesota @ Milwaukee-MLB: 8:05 est.
Well as far as a "lock" I would nearly call this one that. Milwaukee has had its woes in the recent. Blackburn is no slouch and Minnesota owns Milwaukee this season (4-0). Mike Cameron is the only bright spot in the Brewers line-up against the Twins. Mauer, Morneau, and Joe Crede can hit so I think the Twins pile it on and win big with Blackburn getting the CG.

Vegas Odds: Twins:-119 @Brewers+109

ESPN Simulator: Minnesota 56%, Milwaukee 44%

SM reason for this prop?: I really don't know unless he thinks there is going to be an upset.

Weather: 60% precip may have delays!

6. Dallas (Win/Draw) @ Colorado (Win)-MLS: 9:30 est.
I don't know much about MLS, but from what I have seen Colorado is the heavy favorite with good momentum coming into this game. Dallas also had a good win before this this match. So a momentus home team. I'll take Colorado in a 2-1 game.

Vegas Odds: Dallas win- +360 Dallas draw-+250, Colorado win -140.

SM reason for this prop?:A momentus home team against a team coming off of a momentus victory!

7. Colorado @ Los Angeles Angels-MLB: 10:05 est.
I really think that Colorado takes this one. Marquis and Saunders are even pretty much as far as pitching matchups are concerned. But Marquis has went through games longer. He also has seemed to get more run support. Marquis is hotter lately and Rockies have went on a run lately. Very close game but Marquis and the Rocks close it out.

Vegas Odds: Colorado: +130 LAA: -140

ESPN Simulator: Colorado: 43% LAA: 57%

Weather: No significant amounts of precip. expected.

8. San Diego @ Seattle-MLB: 10:10 est.
I am not falling for the 90% curse again. I think in general the Padres are a better team. I expect them to come out and win. Both pitchers suck so expect a high one. But something just says go with San Diego. So I will.

Vegas Odds: San Diego: +132, Seattle: -142.

ESPN Simulator: Seattle: 60%, San Diego: 40%

SM reason for prop?: Two inconsistent pitchers and two evenly matched teams.

Weather: No significant precip. expected.

Good luck, Happy Streaking and God Bless everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. you are honestly horrific at this, leave it to the pros

    ReplyDelete